Monday, December 5, 2011

A Story Confirmed

I was in Costco with my wife yesterday after church. Going through the new books section - I love browsing through this section - I came across Glenn Beck's new book about the life of George Washington. I couldn't help but wonder if he had included a section about Washington's service before and during Braddock's Defeat.
Curiosity got the best of me. I couldn't stand it so I had to check it out.
Sure enough, there it was, towards the beginning of the book - a detailed account of the story. Of course, Mr. Beck had a whole book to fill and so he could get into much more detail and background than I could on this humble little blog.
I thought the story I told was too long for this blog - 7 parts - but it necessarily included my family history. This was, of course, the point of my version of this story and would not have been written otherwise. It just happened that Mr. Washington's career crossed paths with my ancestors and gave me a great hook for my story.
I did not have the time to read the whole account, but the bits I did read did not include my Stewart ancestors. Well! Color me miffed!
I know. I should break down and buy the book and read the whole story because I really would love to read the story of that amazing life. But, as you might imagine, I have so many books on my "must read" list right now that Mr. Becks book will just have to wait. Sorry Glenn.
Who knows, I may just find this and 1 or 2 other historical books under my
Christmas tree if I'm good ... well, OK, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment