Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Few Notes from Mom

I love the Medieval history and even more ancient civilizations' stories. And I love tracing those lines to the pioneers of this great country.
It occurred to me lately that I need to slow down and share some of the stories closer to this end of the line.
I will share some wonderful stories that were told to me by my mother but first I thought these notes should be posted first. It is a list of my parents families as told to my wife in a conversation a few years ago by my Mom.
This is for my brothers and their children - anyone else may or may not find anything helpful here unless you are researching the Green family of McDowell county, WVa.



Geneology – Notes from conversation with Garnette Green
By Jackie Green

Garnettes Family – 

Mary Kathleen
Garnette Ruth
Robert Lee French
Douglas Ray French
Glenna Marie
Darlene Sue

F.  Cecil French (Coal miner then Railroad) Cecil (L) with his brother Albert (R)
M.  Ethel Bishop French ( Worked in a department store)

Freemans Family-

1-Lawrence Romeo (d.1991?)
2) James Garland (Jara?)
3) Golden Garfield (Gary)
               Ella Mae (d.1912) (died young)
4) Hazel Viola
5) Howard Walter
6) Ethel
7) Jay Forest Green
               Estel Lee (died young)
8) Freeman
9) Juanita Virginia
10) Charles Willard
11) Harrison (Harry)

F.  Daniel Sheridan Green - Pineville, WVa 1880 (Coal miner)
               1st. marriage – 3 step sisters (Dorothy, Shirley, Bessie)
               2nd marriage – 7 brothers & 3 sisters
M.  Lula Jane Jewell 4/18/1891 - Key Rock, WVa  4/8/1891
 Harry, Charles, Juanita, Freeman, Jay, Ethel, Hazel, Golden, Lawrence Green

No comments:

Post a Comment